Monday, December 29, 2014

New Years Resolutions.

Well, it's that time of year again. Everyone's changing their lives around starting next week.  I can't believe how fast 2014 flew by.  I feel like just yesterday I was starting my first day of senior year!  It has been a good year though.  Despite a couple of dumb decisions I made.  Hopefully, I'll be smarter next year.  I lost a lot too.  I lost a best friend of 4 years, a relationship, and a lot of my high school friends.  I think most of it was for the best though.  I had to shed my skin before heading off to dear old Dickinson.  
Starting college was a big change too.  Going from being top dog in my high school to a scared little freshman was a big change.  And living with a roommate! God! Who knew it could be so tough.  A lot of these experiences have really made me mature though.  I'm stronger without the friend who was dragging me down and the boyfriend who clung onto me like a leech.  Maybe that last one was a little harsh...
Anyways, let's talk resolutions.  I have a couple for this year.  For one thing, I want to be more active.  I have rheumatoid arthritis and staying active and flexible is really important. I also want to keep this blog going! I don't know if it's just excitement over something new but I really actually like this.  Another thing is I want to get better about using my filofax.  Thinking about making a post about starting one in the future so stay tuned! But I might end up moving into the Kate Spade Wellesley Agenda...it's rather beautiful..
Finally I want to be more comfortable being myself.  Being in a relationship for so long made it kind of hard for me to focus on myself.  And living with someone who is kind of judgmental has made me question the things I like lately.  I want to get more comfortable despite her and learn to love myself the way I am! Too often people tell us how we should act or dress or what we should be into.   I think that's so awful.  Whatever you like and wear and think is cool is awesome! Be yourself! 
Well I hope this post wasn't terribly boring.  More posts to come later! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment